In addition to some new components, the new eleFront provides more granular control over the handling of baking blocks and annotations.
Bake to File
Bake To Fileallowing you to bake directly to an outside file.
There are also some important options in handling this operation:
- Add To File - simply add geometry to the file, if it already exists.
- Overwrite File - completely save over the intended file
- Overwrite BakeName - treat the file in the traditional way, where items with the specified BakeName will be deleted, and replaced with the new geometry.
You now have many more options when it comes to baking behavior.
There are 3 presets, which are described below. These can be selected directly on the Bake components, or you can use the Bake Settings component to start with a preset and modify it as you see fit.
There are currently 4 parameters for your Bake Settings.
- 1.Auto-Push Block DefinitionsBy default, Bake will throw an error if you try to bake a block whose definition has not been pushed to the document. You can override this behavior.
- 2.Auto-Manifest Ghost GeometryBy default, Bake will throw an error if you try to bake a Ghost object, without having first manifested its geometry. You can override this behavior. Note: This can be slow, because it will have to open the original file (in the background) to get that geometry.
- 3.Duplicate Block NamesIf Auto-Push is enabled, then you will need to decide how to handle scenarios where you are pushing definitions that already exist. There are four options (see below).
- 4.Duplicate Dimension Styles.If you are baking objects that have new Dimension Styles (for example, a Linked Block with annotations in it), you need to decide how to handle any styles with the same name.
There are four settings for handling duplicated names, either in Blocks Definitions or Dimension Styles:
- Throw Error
- Use Existing (i.e., the definition or DimStyle already in the document)
- Overwrite (updated the document version to the one being baked)
- Add Suffix
There are 3 presets for Bake Settings:
- 1.Safest - throws errors for all duplicates, and does not Auto-Push or Auto-Manifest.
- 2.Moderate - Will Auto-Push and Auto-Manifest, but will throw errors for any duplicates
- 3.Bulldoze - Auto-Push, Auto-Manifest, and overwrite any duplicates.