Upgrading from Previous Versions
The new version of eleFront is only compatible with Rhino 7 and later.
Please be aware that we have reworked significant portions of the code base. We expect there may be bugs, even in components that may have worked in previous versions. Please do not upgrade to the new version if you are working on something time sensitive, as it may take work to completely upgrade your scripts.
To install eleFront, follow the steps below:
- 1.Open the Package Manager by entering the command
- 2.Search for eleFront. You should see two results.
- 1.Select the latest version.
- 2.Click "Install", and confirm the dialog window that pops up.
- 3.If you are an existing eleFront user, please follow the steps below regarding your installation of the previous version of eleFront.
We have provided a Legacy Version of the Rhino 6 release. If you want to test the Beta, we suggest also installing this version, as it has names and icons that will help you distinguish between the Rhino 6 release and the beta. Your current scripts should work out-of-the box with the Legacy version.
- 1.Find the existing installation for Rhino 6 and delete it.
- 2.Follow the steps in the section above, and locate eleFront in the Package Manager.
- 3.Select the second option "eleFront-Rhino-6-Legacy"
- 4.Click "Install", and confirm the dialog window that pops up.
If you will be using Rhino 6 and Rhino 7 side-by-side, then you should also install eleFront through the Package Manager in Rhino 6. Follow these steps:
It is important to delete the existing version and follow the steps in this guide! If you install the .gha files in the more manual way, or leave the old file in the Grasshopper Libraries folders, you are very likely to get conflicts when loading the plugins.
- 1.Follow all of the steps in the two sections above.
- 2.Open Rhino 6
- 3.Access the Package Manager by entering the command
_TestPackageManager(NOTE: This is different from the Rhino 7 command, and does not auto-complete in Rhino)
- 4.Wait for the plugins to load, then search for eleFront
- 5.Select version 4.2.2
- 6.Click "Install", and confirm the dialog window that pops up.
In this case, Grasshopper will display the original icons and names, since there is no conflict with the Beta. Components will be interchangeable with those in the Legacy version.
We have included functionality for upgrading some components from the old version of eleFront to the new version automatically. To do this, open Grasshopper, and the script you intend to upgrade. Go to
Not every component has been provided with an Auto-Upgrader. The following components will need to be altered by hand:
Reference by Color
Filter by Color
As a reminder, you can find components on the canvas using the Search function, which is available by pressing
F3or going to
Unfortunately these components do not have an exact replacement in the newest version of eleFront.
Duplicate Data Match
This behavior can be replicated through the use of components like
Cross Reference, etc.
Define Linked Block
Creating a Linked Block is the same as exporting directly to a file. To replicate this behavior, use
Bake to Fileor
Export 3DMto create the file, then the new version of
Define Linked Blockto create the link to the filepath.